Landfill Services & Prices
The Wilkes County Landfill is open Monday - Saturday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wilkes County Waste Only
- All waste accepted is subject to a screening procedure before accepting!
- No Liquid or Hazardous Waste will be accepted!
Wilkes County Landfill Charges
- Solid Waste - $45 per ton
- Shingles - $45 per ton
- Asbestos - $45 per ton
- Commercial Glass - $39 per ton
- Mobile Home - $180 per unit - Must be empty
Per Bag Rates
1 - 20 Gallon Bags = $0.50
21 - 40 Gallon Bags = $1.00
41 - 60 Gallon Bags = $1.50
Electronic Disposal Fees
- All Televisions 32 inch and under - $6 per TV
- All Televisions over 32 inch - $8 per TV
- Computer Monitors - $7 per Monitor
- Miscellaneous Items - $1 per item
Includes: hard drives, modems, plug and play devices, desktop printers & copiers, VCR's, DVD players, fax machines, and small electronic house hold appliances.
Fluorescent Bulb Disposal Fees
- 2 feet - $.50 per bulb
- 4 to 8 feet - $1 per bulb
- CFL - $.10 per bulb Pricing Subject to change with notice
Recyclable Materials Accepted at No Charge
- Aluminum and Steel Cans
- Batteries (Lead Acid Only)
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Newspaper, Magazines and Cardboard
- No Bagged Recyclables (Must empty bags into Recycling Bins)
- Plastic bottles (rim must be smaller than the bottle and have a screw top opening Number 2-7)
- Tires (Off rim)
- Used Motor Oil and Filter
- White goods (refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers and hot water heaters)
If you witness someone toss or lose trash from their vehicle or garbage truck you may contact:
- Highway Patrol: (336) 667-1236
- Call the waste management company to "voice your displeasure"
- DOT Customer Service Office (877) 368-4968 and fill out a Swat-A-Litterbug report.
- Contact DOT Adopt-A-Highway program and help keep our roadways clean (336) 903-9229
Roadside litter (bags of trash, bulky items) and animal carcasses in the highway and right-of-way on rural roads.
- NC Department of Transportation: (336) 903-9154